Based on this recipe. I might add some xanthan gum to the marinade next time so it clings to the squid and asparagus. This is simple and tasty, though.
- 8 oz squid tubes and tentacles, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- a couple tablespoons oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. schmatlz or oil
- 12 oz asparagus, cut into 1 inch segments
- Start by marinating the squid with the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and oil. Set it aside in fridge for about 20-30 minutes time.
- Over medium-high heat, saute asparagus in the schmaltz for about 3-4 minutes. Add the squid and its marinade into the pan. Saute until the squid is cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with mayonnaise.