Based on this recipe. I found 4 more garlic scapes in my garden and I had ricotta in my fridge, so I decided to modify this recipe to suit what I had. I ate it with some sugar-free tomato sauce. It would be better with some parmesan, but since I don’t have any, it was pretty good as-is.
Yield: 24 patties
- 4 garlic scapes, finely chopped
- butter for frying
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. green olive tapenade
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup low carb bread crumbs (mine were made from peanut flour bread)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- For patties, set the oven to 300 deg F/150 deg Celsius.
- Put the ricotta in a bowl, and break up lumps with a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Fry the garlic scapes in a little butter over medium-low heat, stirring. When the garlic scapes have softened, scrape the scapes and butter into the ricotta.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the eggs. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Beat the eggs, add them to the ricotta mixture, and mix to a moist consistency.
- Form 1″ wide patties on a silpat-lined baking sheet. (I got 24 patties.)
- Bake patties for about 17 – 20 minutes, until edges are brown and tops start to colour.
- Serve hot or cooled, not chilled. Handy for a quick snack with tea.