Based on this recipe. I might reduce the cream next time since the fudge is a bit softer than I’d prefer, but the flavour is nice. The second time I made it, made it in the microwave and it worked equally well.
After I ran out of xylitol, I tried making it with 2 Tbsp. of generic splenda and 3 packets of sodium cyclamate sweetener instead of the xylitol and stevia. It turned out pretty well, but not quite sweet enough. I’m out of vanilla stevia drops, but I’ll add 1/8 tsp. of stevia powder next time and update the recipe if it works well.
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup of all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 20 drops stevia
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler over medium heat.
- After the chocolate has melted, mix in the xylitol and cream and stir until dissolved. It takes 5-7 minutes.
- When the chocolate has dissolved in the cream, take it off the heat and stir in the stevia, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Put the fudge into a square container smooth it out with a spatula. Chill until cool.
- After it’s cool you can cut the fudge into pieces. To get the cuts smooth, dip the knife into water between slices.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered.