I made this dairy-free variation on my peanut butter fudge after I ran out of peanut butter and cream. (Peanut butter is on sale Sunday and Monday at Shoppers, so I’ll pick some up tomorrow.) It’s a bit milder tasting and softer, but still very nice.
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup of cashew butter, mine was homemade
- 2 Tbsp. generic splenda
- 3 packets sodium cyclamate sweetener
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (the thick kind that comes in a can, not the type designed for drinking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Combine the chocolate and coconut milk in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in the sweeteners and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the cashew butter, salt, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Put the fudge into a square container smooth it out with a spatula. Chill until cool.
- After it’s cool you can cut the fudge into pieces. To get the cuts smooth, dip the knife into water between slices.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered.